All week I’ve tried to sit down and write this post. It’s not that the words wouldn’t come, but more like they won’t stop along with the tears that seem to be ever present. One week from today, we will load down a uHaul and leave the only place I’ve ever called home.
While I am excited for the next chapter of our lives, I am also terribly sad about leaving our quaint little community that has blessed us with so much more than just a place to live. Every place I’ve gone the last couple of weeks has brought me to tears. The preschool with the same sweet teachers who’ve taught all of my babies, the grocery store where I know everyone by name, and don’t even get me started on my church.
I really wanted to write some eloquent post about all the lovely people that I am going to miss and I just can’t, there are far too many to mention. What I will say is this, you all know who you are.
- The friends who have loved me, cared for me, cried with me and laughed until we cried…you’re the best friends a girl could ever hope for, irreplaceable and lifelong sisters.
- To my kids friends…I’ve watched you grow up right alongside my own children. They have been equally blessed with fabulous friends who have filled this house with giggles and strange odors…both of which I will miss more than I can put into words. Please come visit!
- My cross country team, who has made me incredibly proud not only of their athletic ability but also of the caliber of young people they are. It was an honor to be your coach and I will always be one of your biggest fans! Remember, one at a time 😉
- My family who has dropped everything to be there for me when I needed help, a hug or a swift kick in the behind…now you just have to make a road trip!
- My church family, who leaves me in awe week after week just by being you. Your compassion, hospitality and genuine love for one another is a true reflection of Jesus. I will always call ANC home.
That’s really about all I can muster. The tears are blinding but my heart overflows with gratitude. Please pray for our family as we go through this transition and I will keep you posted on our adventures!!
Love, hugs and prayers. ~Valerie